Thursday 27 May 2010

Landscape Photography

A few years ago, not long after I first got my camera, I went on holiday to Spain. While away I began to take a lot of landscape images, mainly including the sea and its close surroundings. I became quite obsessed with taking my camera every where to capture all sorts of water, from seascapes to reservoirs to waterfalls. I then went on to use my images in a project as I was very happy with my results. I then developed a secret passion for landscape photography. There was something about a beautiful landscape, particularly seascape that I just loved. I began researching landscape photographers and came across many greats such as Ansel Adams and Edward Weston, but I also found that you didn’t have to be world famous to take a really good shot. I came across the Landscape photographer of the year competition. All you had to do to enter was be from Great Britain and have an image that was of good enough quality to be blown up to A4. I found some amazing images from across Britain and thought I would share a few of them with you. All below are from last years competition. Each year they four different categories which are: Classic View, Living the View, Your View and Urban View. There are two entry ages, adults and under 16s.
Landscape of the Year Winner 2009
Classic View Winner 2009
Highly Commended Classic View 2009
Classic View Runner Up 2008
Highly Commended Living the View 2009
Your View Winner 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment